KingTubby

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

There are still some serious bugs in this website. In the past few days I have lost several games without even starting. When I want to set up, my saved setup are gone. The moment I pick one of the presets, I get kicked out and loose.

This way it's quite difficult to maintain my status as King of the Arena...
Posted Image
I man rule the arena

#2 M-D

M-D

Game Developer

• Administrators
  • 124 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Scout

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

Hi KingTubby,

How do you get kicked out of the game? Do you return to the play page? Or back to the login page?
Do you get any kind of message?

#3 KingTubby

KingTubby

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Upon selecting one of the presets, I was returned to the login screen, no message. After signing in, my I saw the game was counted as my rating had dropped.
Posted Image
I man rule the arena

#4 bboys2012

bboys2012

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

if there were never server errors i would probably be a general by now .cant wait for them to fix it

#5 bboys2012

bboys2012

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

i get kicked off at least 15 times a week

#6 dboekestein

dboekestein

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

We will look into this, I will check it with the team tomorrow

#7 Ash

Ash

Scout

• Stratego Staff
  • 78 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Sergeant

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

A few questions to both Bboys and KingTubby

- Are you playing on a wireless internet connection?
- Does this randomly occur or mainly after playing multiple games in a row?
- I suppose you guys are playing ranked games?

We really want to fix these problems, though i have tested this quite a bit and i really cant force this to happen for myself. And we cannot really start fixing this until we can locate what is exactly causing these problems.

So it would great if you can supply me with some exact steps on how to reproduce this.
I will give 500 battlecoins to buy some cool boards or avatars to whomever can provide me with steps to reproduce the problem :)

#8 bboys2012

bboys2012

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

1# yes im playing on a wireless computer

2# well it mostly happens after one or two games

3# you can only loose points on ranked games can you?
i never lost againts a CPU so i cant tell

oh and one question can you give back points to people or thats not possible? .

#9 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

Perhaps unrelated but, part of the setting up process; I'm noticing you can only save one setup per game. I was in regular setup vs a computer to update my positions and I saved one fine. I then proceed to load another position and proceeded to save it, and the save button was not click able. I refreshed the game site and logged in again and then it was working again. It appears you can only save one setup per login at this time.

#10 KingTubby

KingTubby

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

I also use a wireless connection. But I don't think it's related to the connection, since each time it happened right after picking a setup (as mentioned earlier, only the presets were available). It's not that I was already playing and then kicked out or something.

In my case it happened 3 times in a row, right at the first game after signing in and once after having played 1 game already. Each time it happened, I refreshed my browser cache and signed in again. I only play Full Arena ranked games. Hope this helps.
Posted Image
I man rule the arena

#11 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

Perhaps unrelated but, part of the setting up process; I'm noticing you can only save one setup per game. I was in regular setup vs a computer to update my positions and I saved one fine. I then proceed to load another position and proceeded to save it, and the save button was not click able. I refreshed the game site and logged in again and then it was working again. It appears you can only save one setup per login at this time.

This is true because I've noticed this problem as well.
You can only change one set-up at a time and otherwise you'll have to sign out first and login again and then you can adjust another set-up. That's a little bug.

The big bug remains the disconnection part which Tubby spoke about.
I've had this as well for many occasions.
How to define this in steps?
1) I search a ranked game, i get one
2) time for the set-up,....and in this screen it usually goes wrong because suddenly you'll be kicked out of that screen back to the begin page where you can see your rating that has been dropped. Kicked out with a loss. Sometimes it's the other way around that I've gained the points but most of the times, I lose them.
3) this can happen at any given circumstance. It happened to me after two or three games but it happened as well when I didn't even play a single game at all so it's really random I'd say.

I wouldn't know how to describe the steps otherwise. This is how it happens but why this happens I don't know.
And maybe the moderators won't know it either now but yeah,..........I can't describe it more clearly like this.

How about those battle coins? :P
I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#12 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

if there were never server errors i would probably be a general by now .cant wait for them to fix it

With all the respect,....but I think you are exagerating a little too much.
I'm sure everybody (or at least many people) have lost points thanks to bugs, disconnects and so on but at the end of the road, your elo-ranking will tell you what kind of player you are. The bug-losses won't be influencing this achievement in such a big way.
I've played against you a couple of times and you are really not a general.

I can also say this,.....if there were no bugs and disconnects, I would have had more than 500 points for sure.
The fact is,....I don't have more than 500 points and I consider myself as a searching but still yet an unstable general.
I've been relegated to a colonel at least 15 times already,....(without the bugs) so therefore I do not the blame the bug-losses for my play style. You can expect this kind of BS in a beta version and this is for everybody the same eventually.

At the end of the road you pretty much deserve the place where you are standing, that's what I'm saying.
And if the game is totally bug-free, you can lose or gain some points on the ladder but this won't be significant enough to drop you more ranks down or up.

At least, that's my opinion about it.
Always look at yourself and try to see the right perspective where you're standing.

#13 bboys2012

bboys2012

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

ya well ive played you a couple of times and right when im kicking your butt im mysteriously kicked off so i cant say you made it up to colonel in a fair way . i think you have found a way to kick players off and yes maybe i was exagerating but i would be a colonel like you only i am a fair player.

#14 bboys2012

bboys2012

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

i like the way you act all professional when you talk on the forums but yet on the battlefield you swear every minute always calling your opponent names "realy mature"

#15 KingTubby

KingTubby

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

update to this issue: today, Jan. 2, I got "kicked out" twice. One time before starting the game, at the point when I clicked the load setup button. That cost me 23 points. The other time happened when the game was over and the victory window was still on the screen. I got the points for that win. When I tried to log in immediately after that, it wouldn't connect and I had to refresh my browser.
Posted Image
I man rule the arena

#16 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

ya well ive played you a couple of times and right when im kicking your butt im mysteriously kicked off so i cant say you made it up to colonel in a fair way . i think you have found a way to kick players off and yes maybe i was exagerating but i would be a colonel like you only i am a fair player.

Dude,....I played you about 10 times and I lost 1 or maybe 2 games.
All the other games I won against you and without bugging as well.
And besides that,...everybody has troubles with the bugs so if you lose a game with that, it's really easy to say that your opponent kicked you out.
I don't know any way to kick another player out.
On the contrary,...I've been kicked out 9 times in a row in a game.
So I had more disadvantages with the bugs than advantages but because EVERYBODY has bugs in their games one time or another,...it's pretty much equal I think so therefore everybody's rank will eventually suit his or her playstyle.

Accusing me of swearing against you,...that's one thing, which I did actually but I apologized. :)
Accusing me of cheating is way out of line. I'm definitely a fair player.

#17 bboys2012

bboys2012

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

maybe so but i get kicked off more times when im playing you than anyone else
. im glad you stopped swearing because my little brother who is 8 plays on my server.

#18 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

you've been kicked off maybe one time against me, that's it,.........you can always exagerate :)

#19 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

I agree with you Bboys, people who have a nasty temper should learn to cool it. There could be other minors playing this game or people who who would be offended by such a tone. This is just a game, we aren't playing for blood.

#20 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

midnightguy, if it's just a game,...then why bother a frustration word of two times nothing?
I lost against you yesterday and I called you a ♥♥♥♥♥ for it,.......you were playing like one so yeah, lol :)
I'm not gonna thread somebody for losing a game. That's way more important.

Whatever :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users