Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:26 AM

I thought I'd post this game here to give hope that no matter how badly you may start off a game when an opponent decides to play an all out lotto attack and succeeds you can still manage to win.

I hid this players name to protect their identity, but this player came in did a lotto attack right down my middle with their General and my Marshal was too far away and I lost:  Captain, Major, Spy, Colonel!  My General too far under in my zone to do anything either.  Then they found my other Colonel and bluffed me into their zone, where I found their Marshal as well.  I was down two Colonels, a Major and two Captains and now my Major was trapped by their General and Marshal was on its way.  To save my Major I had to trade off Marshals.  While this person was focus on trapping more of my guys, I did some scouting to find a few bombs.

I had lost a four units to bombs, so my only hope was to wait for their General to chase my Major onto the side of the board, then I went down the middle with my General and yes I found the open flag.  

Live by Lotto....Die by Lotto!

http://imageshack.us...es/34/ee1l.jpg/

• Where Is Ya Flag and Grekain1 like this

#2 Where Is Ya Flag

Where Is Ya Flag

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:41 AM

If you wanna hide his name, make sure you don't upload the one with his name on it , LMFAO..

In the end, 80% of the people hide their flag behind their all-out crew..

Most likely you found a bomb on the other side, actually thought his flag was sealed in a triangle bomb layout and just went out for the counter-rush attack.. Am I right?

Nice victory though

What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of *bleeping* A holes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your *bleeping* fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So...what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide--how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy!

2zjf5h4.jpg

#3 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:53 AM

Actually saw three bombs front row and one on far right corner area.  After I knew four bombs, I just went all out lotto myself with my General and got to Flag.  Flag was totally naked.  

#4 maribo

maribo

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:03 PM

If you plan to use your weapons only for offense and trapping and not for defense, and use lotto, you can only be successful if you bomb in, and leave some baby pieces back to guess at miners to hack at even if you lose the piece to their higher piece.

It helps if you hide your bombs while they guess at where to invade at.

Also you needn't engage every trap you form, you can simply diagnol and hold the pieces for awhile, and protect all 3 columns.

It is still likely to win with an early successful lotto ,and not fall prey to this author's once in a blue moon win.

But from experience at the European stratego website lotto only succeeds 25% of the time. Here it is higher but that is because most players are not yet skilled enough in countering a lotto attack.

But yes I agree there is always the chance so never give up.

In a game I played yesterday I got the opponent to come over the spy with him just taking a captain to do so, and when it came time to click the spy to conquer for some reason the colonel was highlighted and I hit with colonel instead. He backed away then. In my rampant response then I just ran the marshall down the 2nd column after I sprung a bomb at the 3rd row 2nd column, I followed thru with lotto marshall across his 3rd row and as he moved pieces out of the way I just kept going. Since I knew the general was the right lake I just kept going with this lotto to avoid the spy and just keep on plundering. I got a major at the 6th column at row 2 (Now my marshall has gone 7 squares already from his right side to his left side and as his marshall came at mine to swap I went one more row down and hit the flag. Certainly lucky but not adviseable strategy as the game was still early. Just an early xmas present.

Remember when you play an admin and they play unsportsmanlike, they post whatever they want about you, and you have no recouse. After the forum has several back and forth discussions, and I apologize for my side of the argument, an admin, normally midnite guy comes along and deletes the post to save honor among the admins. They instigate fights among members, then you tell your side, and they make fun of you, then when you man up and apologizie for your side of the fight, they simply delete the post

#5 Firmas

Firmas

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:47 PM

i play TZOKER and i'm okay  B)

MEΓΑ ΛΑΘΟΣ ΝΑ ΑΓΝΟΕΙΤΕ ΤΟΝ ΦΙΡΜΑ  banner8.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic